2022年4月30日 星期六

#5 Gap Year

Every person’s gap year will look a little different, but, if you take one, what will you probably do? Why?

                
                       

     I would like to be an international volunteer. I used to be a volunteer at Laiguowang Elementary School in the Thailand-Myanmar border area during the summer vacation of high school. The environment there seems to be in the past when my grandparents lived place, flushed the toilet with a spoon, water and electricity are restricted, no Internet, and no water heater. I remember that there was a big temperature difference between morning and evening, and no hot water at night, so the volunteers took a shower at noon. Instead, the local residents were really just like what we saw in the textbook, they didn’t understand and were not used to hygiene knowledge, therefore we witnessing a mother helping a child with head lice. If I hadn't participated in this kind of volunteering activities by myself, and just looked at the pictures of life in poor areas on the Internet, I would never have realized how happy I am now, so if I had a gap year, I would want to try it again.

1 則留言: